Kenneth E. Johnson
Kenneth E. Johnson has over 25 years of experience in the criminal field. He graduated from Chicago-Kent Law School in 1992 and is admitted to practice in Illinois, the United States District Court Northern District of Illinois, the United States District Court Central District of Illinois, and the United States Court of Appeals Seventh Circuit.
After working as a criminal investigator in Cook County and graduating law school, Kenneth worked as an assistant public defender in DuPage County. He was appointed Chief Public Defender of DeKalb County in 2000 where he served until 2007.
Kenneth has taken over 100 felony and misdemeanor cases to verdict both by jury and bench trial. He also currently works as a trial advocacy instructor, where he teaches young attorneys how to become successful trial lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
Honors and Awards
- Appointed Chief Public Defender by the Circuit Judges
Past Employment Positions
- Chief Public Defender of DeKalb County, 2000 to 2007
- Criminal Investigator in Cook County
- Assistant Public Defender in DuPage County
- Trial advocacy instructor